Pregnancy nausea can be difficult but can you help yourself with tea for nausea during pregnancy? Fortunately we have teas that will relieve nausea and bring you relief. Some of them are calming, and some of them contain substances that will naturally eliminate nausea. I am presenting you these teas that won’t harm you or your baby.
More than half of women experience severe nausea during pregnancy. Usually it is a morning sickness in the first trimester of pregnancy, and in the fifth of pregnant women, these symptoms may last even longer or until delivery. Vomiting, which can’t be controlled, can lead to dehydration and loss of vitamins, which is why many pregnant women need to visit the hospital.
Tea for Nausea during Pregnancy
Which tea is appropriate to drink during pregnancy that will prevent nausea? These are teas that can help you in this problem. Be careful when consuming teas or other beverages. First you should know if each of them is safe and won’t harm your baby in any way.
A weak to moderate degree of nausea occurs in at least 80% of pregnant women who suffer from a significantly reduced quality of life in the first trimester or even during their pregnancy. Many studies have confirmed that ginger can effectively overcome pregnancy nausea.
The efficacy and safety of ginger in pregnant women were evaluated in 33 clinical trials. On the basis of the systematic review of Medline, Embase and Cochrane medical bases, six double-blind studies and one observational survey were selected that satisfied the criteria.
A total of 862 pregnant women were included in this study. In double-blind studies, the efficacy and safety of ginger powder was monitored in four in terms of placebo. The daily dose of ginger powder was 1000 mg. The results of these 4 double-blind studies have shown that ginger effectively and safely alleviates nausea in pregnant women. Compared to placebo, there were no differences in the incidence of side events that would affect the outcome of pregnancy.
Raspberry Leaf Tea
Even our grandmothers believed that the red raspberry leaves help to strengthen the uterus and add the tonus, thus helping the body to prepare for delivery.
Prepare a tea from leaves of red raspberry and nettle leaves that are also completely safe for pregnant women and they work anti-inflammatory.
Just be careful to buy frozen dried raspberries leaves. Make tea by mixing a quarter of a cup of raspberry leaves with a quarter of a cup of nettle leaves and pour them with boiling water. Let it stand for about seven minutes. Strain the tea, and have a cup of warm or cold tea. Drink a cup a day in the first trimester, in the other two cups, and three cups in the third trimester.
In the morning nausea you help yourself with a peppermint tea, which alleviates nausea, as it helps to digest food. It stimulates the secretion of digestive juices. Drink a cup of peppermint tea after every meal.
Peppermint soothes the cramps in the stomach, intestines and bile. It also helps with tension. It is a refreshing plant that relieves nausea and, if necessary, removes bad breath caused by vomiting. Massage your gums with peppermint leaves or massage your belly with its essential oil.
This is another herb that a pregnant woman can drink for pregnancy nausea. Tea from chamomile flowers acts anti-inflammatory and has calming effect. It is also popular because it releases cramps. Chamomile will calm you down and will also calm the stomach. Chamomile tea is recommendable for pregnant women due to calming effect.
The bitter ingredients in the chamomile stimulate digestion and relieve discomfort due to nausea. It relieves gases, calms, alleviates inflammation, relieves mucous membranes and disinfects.
Which Teas are forbidden during Pregnancy?
It is also important to know which plant must be avoided during pregnancy. Although there are many herbs that help pregnant women, you should strictly avoid these:
– Pennyroyal. It is an excellent plant for insect repellent in the garden, but it can cause premature birth in pregnant women
– Chamaerops. This plant is extremely beneficial for men because it increases the activity of testosterone hormone, but pregnant women should therefore avoid it
– Black cohosh. Plant is used to relieve menstrual problems, but it can cause uterine cramps and leading to premature birth
– Red yeast rice. It is useful for lowering cholesterol, but because it has similar positive and side effects as Lipitor, it should be avoided by pregnant women. It is known that Lipitor causes problems during pregnancy
– Chaste tree. Many women use this plant to relieve PMS symptoms, regulate menstrual cycle, and relieve menopause problems. Some also recommend it for the treatment of infertility. Due to the strong influence on hormone activity, chaste tree should not be taken by pregnant women
– Red clover. It helps to fight against fever during the time of menopause, but it can have an estrogenic effect, which is why pregnant women should avoid it. A slightly milder estrogenic effect may also have tea tree oil or lavender oil, but experts say that the occasional use for bath or aromatherapy should not cause problems. It is important that you don’t apply essential oils, these or any other, on the skin or digest them.
Stop Morning Sickness
Tea for nausea during pregnancy could help you with nausea and won’t cause any side effects to you or to your baby. The ginger is one of the herbs that should help perfectly with the morning sickness. You can find it in the form of capsules, but it is better if you drink a tea from it. Ingestion of 10 to 25 milligrams of vitamin B6 per day, acupuncture and acupressure should alleviate morning sickness.
You can try to do acupuncture yourself by turning the palm of one hand up, then pressing the other hand in the middle of the wrist, approximately two centimeters and a half below the palm of your hand. Hold for 30 seconds, and start about half an hour before a meal.