Black tea is one of the most popular hot drinks in the world. Which are black tea benefits and side effects that you should know about? It is invigorating due to thein, so it can be a great substitute for a coffee in the morning or in the afternoon. This drink may be your morning companion as it will awake you, but it can be your savior also when you need more energy and stay awake. Thein in tea, unlike coffee, doesn’t burden the circulatory system and has a longer stimulation effect. Let see what are its pros and cons.
Black tea benefits and side effects
It is time that we take a look at this drink and see what it is good for and which side effects it may have. It is important to know that it comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant that contains caffeine. This means that it is a caffeine drink.
See how it can positively change your life.
- Scientists found that the tea compounds were more effective in decreasing blood sugar absorption than those from green tea and oolong tea.
- A study that was made on 1.040 adult elderly people found that long-term taking of black and/or green tea was associated with a lower possibility of getting diabetes
- Research suggests that it reduces chances and significantly slows down the cancer development due to antioxidants
- Scientists have conducted research on more than 500 people and have proven that flavonoids in the drink reduce the production of harmful cholesterol, and thus greatly reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack, helps with diarrhea, is used to calm headaches, and improves mental abilities
- If you have problems with the unpleasant breath, start drinking it. Experts from the University of Chicago have shown that chemical substances in it inhibit the activity of bacteria that cause bad breath
- It is outstanding in fighting viruses that cause diseases such as diarrhea, skin infections, caries, lung inflammation, and cystitis
- It will stimulate you even more as green tea, as it contains more caffeine
- Amino acid L-theanine helps to relax and increases concentration
- It contains a specific antigen that helps to build resistance
- It contains fluoride, so it can help protect teeth and bones
These are just a few benefits that you can get and it is much more than a health agent. With this drink, you can take care of your beauty also. Read my black tea beauty tips.
These are some of the side effects of drinking it in high doses.
Caffeine is a basic ingredient of the tea; so if it is consumed on a daily basis, it can lead to diarrhea. The reason is caffeine that stimulates your digestive system. So if you drink too much of it, it can have a negative impact on your body.
Like in coffee, it has a direct impact on your central nervous system and you can feel nervous. Consuming large quantities of black tea can cause gastrointestinal problems, insomnia, varicose veins, and palpitations.
The reason for constipation are tannins that it contains. These substances are healthy to the body; however, excessive consumption may cause it because your body begins to store a lot of waste materials.
As already mentioned, black tea contains caffeine; so when it reaches your stomach, it will produce various acidic substances that are not easy for your body to absorb. This way your stomach starts to feel uncomfortable. Moreover, if you have stomach cancer, it is strictly forbidden.
It isn’t recommendable for patients who recover after a heart attack or acute cardiovascular disease as paroxysmal tachycardia or cardiac asthma. Caffeine is highly prohibited for their heart and blood vessels. People with gastritis or gastric ulcers should also avoid it due to increased acidity.
Other health issues
Pregnant women shouldn’t drink it more than two cups per day. This drink is rich with caffeine, and thus increases the risk of abortion.
A high amount of caffeine may also have a negative impact on people with glaucoma, high blood pressure, and anxiety disorders.
Stop aging with black tea!
It is a caffeine drink that you can cook in the morning or in the afternoon instead of coffee. It is much healthier than coffee and it contains a lot of antioxidants that your body and skin will benefit. Now that you know black tea benefits and side effects, you can decide if you will drink it or rather not. Drinking it is a healthy choice but it should be drunk moderately like every other beverage.
How many cups of black tea can you drink a day if you are sensitive to caffeine?
If you are sensitive to caffeine, be careful with this caffeine drink and drink it in small doses (1-2 cups a day). This also applies to pregnant women, since a large amount of caffeine can cause abortion. It is a stimulant, so cardiovascular patients should avoid it, also other caffeine beverages (coffee, real teas, energy drinks, etc.).
Antioxidants are the most important ingredients in the tea. We get them either with food, beverages or skincare products. The most important antioxidants are vitamins A, C and E, carotenoids, bioflavonoids, and lipoic acid. Among minerals, key antioxidants are selenium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, and chromium, but they don’t function directly.
Does it help with the skin?
Drinking it is a great way to stop aging. The body defends free radicals with its own protective systems, but since most of the body’s functions are aggravated by aging, the formation of antioxidant substances also decreases. Thus, the organism is increasingly liable to the action of free radicals.
Antioxidants are nutrients that prevent and slow down the formation of oxidative damage. They work to intercept free radicals and stop the oxidation of fats, thereby preventing the deterioration of proteins or genetic material in the cell.
Is drinking black tea good for you?
Is it ok to drink this tea on a regular basis? It depends on your health condition. If you suffer from any cardiovascular disease, stomach ulcers, insomnia or you are pregnant, you better stay away from it. However, if you are a healthy individual feel free to cook a cup of this invigorating tea and enjoy its benefits.