Black tea is one of most popular teas on the world. Which are black tea benefits and side effects that you should know about? It is invigorating due to thein, so it can be a great substitute for a coffee in the morning or at the afternoon. Black tea may be your morning companion, as it will awake you, but it can be your savior also when you need more energy and stay awake. Thein in tea, unlike coffee, does not burden the circulatory system and has a longer stimulation effect.
Which Are Black Tea Benefits And Side Effects?
It is time that we take a look on a black tea and see what it is good for and which side effects it may have. It is important to know that black tea comes from Camelia sinensis plant that contains caffeine. This means that black tea is caffeine drink.
These are some of benefits of drinking black tea:
- Scientists found that black tea compounds were more effective in decreasing blood sugar absorption than those from green tea and oolong tea.
- A study that was made on 1.040 adult elderly people found that long-term taking of black and / or green tea was associated with a lower possibility of getting diabetes
- Research suggests that black tea reduces chances and significantly slows down the cancer development due to antioxidants
- Scientists have conducted research on more than 500 people and have proven that flavonoids in black tea reduce the production of harmful cholesterol, and thus greatly reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack, helps with diarrhea, is used to calm headaches, and improves mental abilities
- If you have problems with an unpleasant breath, start drinking black tea. Experts from the University of Chicago have shown that chemical substances in it inhibit the activity of bacteria that cause bad breath
- Black tea is outstanding in fighting viruses that cause diseases such as diarrhea, skin infections, caries, lung inflammation, and cystitis
- Black tea will stimulate you even more as green tea, as it contains more caffeine
- Amino acid L-theanine helps in relaxing and can increase concentration
- It contains a specific antigen that helps to build resistance
- Black tea contains fluorine, so it can help protect teeth and bones
These are just a few black tea benefits that you can get and it is much more than a health agent. With black tea you can take care of your beauty also. Read my black tea beauty tips.
These are some of side effects of drinking black tea that you may see:
Caffeine is a basic ingredient of black tea; so if it is consumed on a daily basis, it can lead to diarrhea. The reason is that caffeine stimulates your digestive system. So if you drink too much of this tea, it can have a negative impact on your body.
Like in coffee, it has a direct impact on your central nervous system and you can feel nervous. Consuming large quantities of black tea can cause gastrointestinal problems, insomnia, varicose veins, and palpitations.
Well, this is something unexpected, but it happens. The reason for constipation are tannins that black tea has. These substances are healthy to your body; however, excessive consumption of black tea may cause constipation. The reason for this is that your body begins to store a lot of waste materials.
As already mentioned, black tea contains caffeine; so when it reaches your stomach, it will produce various acidic substances that are not easy for your body to absorb. This way your stomach starts to feel uncomfortable. Moreover, if you suffer from the stomach cancer, black tea is strictly forbidden.
Black tea isn’t recommendable for patients who recover after heart attack or acute cardiovascular disease as paroxysmal tachycardia or cardiac asthma. Caffeine is highly prohibited for their heart and blood vessels. People with gastritis or gastric ulcers should also avoid it due to increased acidity.
Other Health Issues
Pregnant women should not drink more than two cups of black tea per day. Black tea is rich with caffeine, and thus increases the risk of abortion.
High amount of caffeine may also have a negative impact on people with glaucoma, high blood pressure and anxiety disorders.
Stop Aging with Black Tea
Black tea is a caffeine drink that you can drink in the morning or at afternoon instead of coffee. It is much healthier than coffee and it contains a lot of antioxidants that your body and skin will benefit. Now that you know black tea benefits and side effects, you can decide if you will drink it or rather not. Drinking black tea is a healthy choice but it should be drunk moderately like every other beverage.
If you are sensitive on caffeine, be careful with black tea and drink it in small doses (1-2 cups a day). This also applies to pregnant women, since large amount of caffeine can cause abortion. It is a stimulant, so cardiovascular patients should avoid it, also other caffeine beverages (coffee, energy drinks, etc.).
Antioxidants are the most important ingredients in the black tea. We get them in the body either with food, beverages or with skin care products. The most important antioxidants are vitamins A, C and E, carotenoids, bioflavonoids and lipoic acid. Among minerals, key antioxidants are selenium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron and chromium, but they do not function directly.
Drinking black tea is a great way to stop aging. The body defends of free radicals with its own protective systems, but since most of the body’s functions are aggravated by aging, the formation of antioxidant substances also decreases. Thus, the organism is increasingly liable to the action of free radicals. Antioxidants are nutrients that prevent and slow down the formation of oxidative damage. They work to intercept free radicals and stop the oxidation of fats, thereby preventing the deterioration of proteins or genetic material in the cell.